Awake IV

Awake IV

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rick Perry: Did I REALLY Just Watch That?

If anyone hasn't seen Rick Perry's newest campaign ad, here it is for your viewing enjoyment.




My first thought: Did I really just watch that video? Did that actually happen? This is without a doubt the stupidest campagin ad I've ever seen.

Not only is he broadcasting to all of America his homophobia, this was also very obviously desperate move on Rick Perry's part. He's using his Faith as his entire campaign. He's expecting people to vote for him singularly on the fact that he is a christian and he will "Christianize" America. And the sad part is, people are actually going to vote for him based just on that point in his campaign.

Anyone that votes for him that has seen this ad is most likely just a mindless follower. I totally respect other religions and beliefs, but not when you hide behind it in order to be prejudiced and hateful. This is an unabated attack ad, it is apologetically prejudiced and absolutely inappropriate. I thought we as a nation had moved past spewing mindless hate mongering, but I guess not.

Rick Perry is like the perfect example of what we're trying to fight against. He does not stand for Christianity. He doesn't stand for Religion. He stands for Hate, Stupidity, and Ignorance.

But with the amount of dislikes on this new video, currently at over 370,000, I would say that most of America agrees with me and we don't really have to worry about this bigot having any place in our government.

And to end on a less serious note, thank you so much tumblr for these gifs


2 comments:

  1. good job, and very well said, i had the same reaction to this ad, really i think it should be taken off of u tube for spreading hate, its that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I actually flagged the video for hate speech. But he is a candidate for our president, so I doubt it will actually be taken down.

    ReplyDelete