Awake IV

Awake IV

Sunday, December 4, 2011

What I don't like about Dungeons & Dragons Online

I've been pretty bored with life lately, so usually that means it's time to go find a free MMO. After my awesome time with LOTRO, I thought I'd try out Turbine's other big Free MMO: DDO.
Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed, and here's why.

After the incredible atmosphere and creativity of lotro, I had pretty high hopes for this title. However I didn't really get that same feeling of immersion. lotro immediately drew me in and hooked me, although that could be partly chalked up to the fact that I am an avid lord of the rings fan to begin with.

Also, even though ddo is a "free" game, I couldn't help but feel like there was an ad for spending real money (a.k.a. turbine points) around every corner. It seemed like every quest or dialogue I initiated came with a friendly reminder that I should buy something from the turbine store.

No comments:

Post a Comment